Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 3:57pm
Ahh, the toilet, the loo, the latrine. Whatever you call it, it is likely the most under-appreciated fixture in your home- but it doesn’t have to be! Whether you’re about to start an extensive bathroom remodel, or you’re looking to upgrade an old, tired toilet, you’ll quickly find that the extra special features are nearly endless when it comes to modern toilets. There are a plethora of luxury functions like elongated seats, warm water washing, auto-flushing mechanisms, heated seats, and even built-in deodorizers! To help you sort through the long list of loos, we’ve rounded up the absolute best of the best in luxury toilets.
Check ’em out:
First up on the list is a model by Woodbridge. This bidet toilet has a modern look with an elongated seat for comfort, plus, the one-piece design makes it easy to keep clean. What puts this seat into the luxury category? Luxe features like four warm water sprayer settings, heated seats, and a warm air dryer. This is a fantastic option that combines both luxury and affordability. If a bidet is a must, but you’re on a budget, then this toilet should be a top contender.
- High efficiency and easy operation intelligent bidet toilet.
- Temperature controlled wash functions and air dryer.
- Posterior wash, feminine wash, and hygienic filtered water
- Skirted trap way: luxurious modern design one piece toilet, the skirted trap way creates a sleek look with no corners and grooves, very easy to reach for cleaning.
- Quiet and Powerful Flushing: high efficiency 1.28 GPF Siphon Jet flushing and fully glazed flush system offer super quiet and powerful flushing – NO clogs, NO leaks, and no problem.
- Some reviewers found the seat to be too narrow.
- The water pressure is not as high as other models.
Super-sleek and minimalist, this toilet packs a punch in a small (but pricey!) package. It’s one piece for cleaning ease and features an elongated seat with a discreet bidet and wall-mounted remote. Additional highlights include a night light, hands-free opening and closing, and an emergency backup flush in case of a power outage.
Equally impressive is its money-saving water usage- it features a dual flush system that uses 0.8 gallons of water for liquid waste and 1.28 gallons for a full flush which is well below the required water usage.
- The one-piece skirted design is easy to clean.
- An elongated seat and 17-inch comfort seat height.
- The bidet includes a wall-mounted remote.
- Cost-effective dual flush uses very little water.
- Backup flush feature in case of a power outage.
- Requires a 2-inch clearance gap from the wall, so it cannot sit flush against it.
- It is one of the more pricy options.
Toto’s toilet and seat combo is a mid-priced option with all the little luxuries a toilet can offer. The bidet seat has functions that help clean the bowl before and after use, and the warm water heating is tankless with five spray options.
It can be installed at different heights; however, some components will need to be purchased separately. This duo is designed to conceal the connections for the seat, making it appear clean and seamless. Water usage is also very low for this toilet, at 0.6/1.28 gallons per flush for partial and complete flushes.
- The toilet and seat fit together for a covered design of the cords and hose.
- The skirted trap makes it easy to clean.
- This model has features to keep the bowl clean before and after use.
- It uses less water than required for the WaterSense rating.
- A tankless water heater gives unlimited warm water to the bidet.
- The seat is not elongated or at comfort height.
- It does not have an auto-flush.
- It is slightly bulkier because of the two separate seats and toilet pieces.
This model from Toto is a variation on a previously listed toilet. While this toilet’s aesthetics aren’t quite as chic as others on this list, don’t let that turn you away just yet.
It has many of the same features as the best high-end toilets, like a heated seat, various spray options, a warm air dryer, a deodorizer, and a self-sanitizing bidet wand.
- The skirted design is easy to keep clean.
- Features include rear and front cleanse, warm air dryer, self-sanitizing wand, and heated SoftClose seat.
- The pre-mist, Tornado Flush, and smooth glaze keep the toilet cleaner for longer and help reduce odors.
- It has an elongated seat at comfort height.
- One of the more affordable options on this list.
- No dual-flush system.
- The pre-mist function is triggered anytime someone walks by the toilet, which was bothersome to some reviewers.
A beautiful and minimalistic tankless design. It features a heated seat, dual flush, warm water washing, warm air drying, and self-cleaning options.
The Veil model has an elongated seat at a standard height instead of comfort height, making this seat a better choice for a tight space. Families with young children might even prefer it.
- The tankless, one-piece skirted design is chic and easy to clean.
- The seat is elongated with a standard height.
- It includes many popular toilet functions like heated water washing, seat warming, air drying, and automatic lid.
- It features a dual-flush that includes an emergency flush for a power outage.
- Some may prefer a higher seat.
- This tankless style of this toilet can be more complicated to install than typical toilets.
Next up is a low-profile, one-piece skirted toilet from Toto, a well-known brand for high-end toilets. This one seems to have it all: an elongated seat, comfort height, automatic lid, auto flush, heated seat, and all of the extra bidet options you could want.
When it comes to water, you’ll still get the dual flush system that uses less than a gallon per flush. The rim design and pre-mist functions keep the toilet clean, and the sanitizing and deodorizing options are also helpful.
- The low-profile design offers a comfort height and elongated seat.
- The sanitary features include an automatic lid, automatic flushing, pre-mist, and bowl sanitizing before and after use.
- The dual-flush system uses much less than the required amount of water to qualify for the WaterSense label.
- Memory settings are available for a user’s preferred functions.
- A built-in exhaust fan begins during use.
- Some reviewers said that the seat opening was too sensitive.
Last on the list is another model from Kohler. The Karing is a skirted, one-piece toilet with an elongated bowl and the typical intelligent offerings. It has a low-profile, sleek design and a standard seat height. Its functions include an automatic lid, a 1.28-gallon flush, a self-cleaning bidet wand, a heated seat, plus memory settings on the remote. Many reviewers enjoyed this model, although it seemed to take longer to learn than other options.
- The one-piece, skirted design is easier to clean.
- The elongated bowl is comfortable to use.
- It offers a 1.28-gallon flush, which is far below the required flush for a WaterSense label.
- Its bidet options include a self-cleaning wand, an air dryer, and a deodorizing filter.
- The remote can be programmed with two memory settings.
- It has a hands-free lid for opening and closing.
- Reviews stated that this toilet can be hard to use, especially for guests.
- No dual flush.
- Some users may not like the standard bowl height.
And there you have it! Did these couture commodes get you flush with excitement? 😝 Couldn’t resist!